Requesting technical support
Check the trouble shooter page.
Check the technical support page for details on how to contact us and what information we need to help you.
Before requesting help
DryFire is a "mature" product that has been on the market for over 20 years.
Our latest software, version 5, was released early in 2020.
It is not impossible to find bugs in the software - but highly unlikely. (If we find any, we fix them!)
It is embarrassing (on both sides) if we have to say:
"That's a good question, and the answer is in section 3.3 of the User Guide."
So, please, before contacting us, check the documentation available here. An hour's careful reading will have you shooting at targets, and getting detailed feedback, far faster than contacting us.
Let's be honest, DryFire contains a lot of functions to improve your shooting and it will take time for you to get the best out of it. Reading the User Guide a couple of times would be a good start - we wrote it to help you but, if it doesn't help, we will rewrite it!
Don't get us wrong, if you have a problem not covered by the documentation, we will help you resolve it - we are proud of DryFire and we want you to enjoy the benefits it provides.
If you have tried everything, and you really are stuck, please check the technical support page for details on how to contact us - that page outlines the information we need before we can help you.
User Guides, help and instruction manuals
- DryFire Version 5 User Guide.
This also covers the use of Swing and is in PDF format which will be downloaded to your PC (and stored in your download folder) so it is available whenever you need it. You can, of course, print it out if you wish.
The first page of the document contains instructions on using Google Translate to translate the User Guide into any language you wish.
- DryFire Version 5 How do I ... Guide. Answers many of the "How do I ...?" questions we are asked.
- DryFire Version 5 Trouble shooter. Help when things don't work as expected.
- Assembling the DryFire Shooting Stand.
- Please let us know of anything you would like added or changed in our documentation.
- The User Guide for DryFire Version 4 is provided on the software CD that came with the system.
- DryFire 5.2 for Windows 10 (version 1809 or later).
- DryFire 5.2 for macOS (version 10.14 (Mohave) or later).
- DryFire 18.104.22.168 for Windows 7/8/10. (For users in the USA.)
- The DryFire simulator and Swing use the same software.
- Technology changes rapidly with Microsoft, Apple and Google frequently updating their operating systems. We regret that we cannot support operating systems older than those listed above.
- You can download, install and try the software before purchasing a system to go with it. Obviously the parts that interact with our hardware will not function.
Important note for shooters in the USA
This site contains information relating to Version 5 (V5) of DryFire which Wordcraft is shipping worldwide.
Some add-ons for V5 are not yet available and, for this reason, Wordcraft's distributor in the USA is continuing to ship Version 4 (V4) which has options for features developed for the US market, specifically squadding. The V4 User Guide is supplied on the CD that comes with a V4 system.
Important note about earlier systems
Version 5 software will not work with older green simulators or with single head systems.
Please read the Version 5 page to see if your simulator is suitable.
You will need the Version 5 upgrade to use the new software with an existing version 4 dual head simulator.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Returning a unit
We may ask you to return a unit for a hardware upgrade or for repair if it has been damaged - but please check with us before sending anything to us.
Please follow these instructions to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Important note about customs documents
- A unit returned for update or repair does not have its original purchase value for customs purposes.
- It is very important that you mark the customs document, in English, as follows:
"Product returned under warranty or for repair - maximum value for customs purposes 25 (twenty five) pounds sterling."
- Wordcraft International cannot accept delivery of return packages marked with a higher value - because we will be charged import duty and VAT on that value.
- Packages marked with a higher value will be returned to you by the your original shipper.
The critical thing is that the simulator heads do not move, and are not crushed, during transit.
- Please use the original packaging if you still have it. Use the cardboard turrets around the simulator heads to stop them moving around during transit. Do this by ensuring the simulator has no power, then moving the head into the upright position then put the turrets on the heads and taping around the turrets.
- If you don't have the original cardboard turrets, we recommend placing folded card between each head and its bracket so that it cannot bounce up and down within the bracket.
- Place the simulator in a large plastic bag and, if you don't have the turrets, use some tape to bind the outside of the bag firmly over each head so that the head cannot move.
- Make sure everything is secure and that nothing can move inside the packaging.
- If you don't have to original packaging please use a strong cardboard box for shipping - don't use a shipper's paper/plastic envelope.
- Ensure the box is large enough to leave a gap around the top of the simulator so that if something is placed on the box while in transit the weight doesn't fall immediately onto the simulator heads.
- Any gaps in the box should be filled with plenty of loose-fill, white plastic bits, or other suitable filler - make sure that the simulator cannot move inside the box.
- Pack the whole thing tightly and securely. Shake the box to check that the simulator does not move.
- Please read the checklist below to ensure you have provided everything we will need.
Note: Wordcraft International Ltd reserves the right to charge for repairing damage caused during transit.
Our shipping addressWordcraft International Limited
8 Heritage Business Centre
Please use the phone number below if required by the shipper.
Returns check list
Please ensure that all documentation accompanying your package states clearly that:
"This product is being returned under warranty or for repair - maximum value for customs purposes 25 (twenty five) pounds sterling."
Please include the following with your package.
- Your Simulator or Gun Assembly.
- Your return address (it must be a physical address - not a PO box number).
- Your email address.
- Contact telephone number for the shipping company to contact you on return.
- A note describing the fault in as much detail as you can.
- Copies of any emails you have exchanged with us about the return.
Note: Wordcraft International Ltd. recommends UPS for shipping.