Requesting technical support
Check the trouble shooter page.
Check the technical support page for details on how to contact us and what information we need to help you.
Important note for shooters in the USA
This site contains information relating to Version 5 (V5) of DryFire which Wordcraft is shipping worldwide.
Some add-ons for V5 are not yet available and, for this reason, Wordcraft's distributor in the USA is continuing to ship Version 4 (V4) which has options for features developed for the US market, specifically squadding. The V4 User Guide is supplied on the CD that comes with a V4 system.
User Guides, help and instruction manuals
Note: the User Guide for DryFire Version 4 is provided on the software CD that came with the system.
- DryFire Version 5 User Guide. Note: this also covers use of Swing.
- DryFire Quick Start. The fastest way to get going..
- DryFire Version 5 How do I ... Guide. Answers many of the "How do I ...?" questions we are asked.
- DryFire Version 5 Trouble shooter. Help when things don't work as expected.
- Swing Setup Guide. Swing has a different setup procedure.
- Swing Assembly Guide. Assembling the kit version of Swing.
- Assembling the DryFire Shooting Stand.
- SmartAngle User Guide.
The DryFire simulator and Swing use the same software.
Important note about earlier systems
Version 5 software will not work with older green simulators or with single head systems.
Please read the Version 5 page to see if your simulator is suitable.
You will need the Version 5 upgrade to use the new software with an existing version 4 dual head simulator.
- DryFire 5.2 for Windows 10 (version 1809 or later).
- DryFire 5.2 for macOS (version 10.14 (Mohave) or later).
- DryFire 126.96.36.199 for Windows 7/8/10. (For users in the USA.)
- DryFire UGA Trigger App for Windows 10.
- DryFire UGA Trigger App for Android.
- DryFire UGA Trigger App for iOS.
- SmartAngle V1.0 Android.
- SmartAngle V1.0 for iOS.
Technology changes rapidly with Microsoft, Apple and Google frequently updating their operating systems. We regret that we cannot support operating systems older than those listed above.
You can download, install and try the software before purchasing a system to go with it. Obviously the parts that interact with our hardware will not function.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Returning a unit
You may wish to return a unit for a hardware upgrade or for repair if it has been damaged - but please check with us before sending anything to us.
Please follow these instructions to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Important note about customs documents
- A unit returned for update or repair does not have its original purchase value for customs purposes.
- It is very important that you mark the customs document, in English, as follows:
"Product returned under warranty or for repair - maximum value for customs purposes 25 (twenty five) pounds sterling."
- Wordcraft International cannot accept delivery of return packages marked with a higher value - because we will be charged import duty and VAT on that value.
- Packages marked with a higher value will be returned to you by the your original shipper.
The critical thing is that the simulator heads do not move, and are not crushed, during transit.
- Please use the original packaging if you still have it. Use the cardboard turrets around the simulator heads to stop them moving around during transit. Do this by ensuring the simulator has no power, then moving the head into the upright position then put the turrets on the heads and taping around the turrets.
- If you don't have the original cardboard turrets, we recommend placing folded card between each head and its bracket so that it cannot bounce up and down within the bracket.
- Place the simulator in a large plastic bag and, if you don't have the turrets, use some tape to bind the outside of the bag firmly over each head so that the head cannot move.
- Make sure everything is secure and that nothing can move inside the packaging.
- If you don't have to original packaging please use a strong cardboard box for shipping - don't use a shipper's paper/plastic envelope.
- Ensure the box is large enough to leave a gap around the top of the simulator so that if something is placed on the box while in transit the weight doesn't fall immediately onto the simulator heads.
- Any gaps in the box should be filled with plenty of loose-fill, white plastic bits, or other suitable filler - make sure that the simulator cannot move inside the box.
- Pack the whole thing tightly and securely. Shake the box to check that the simulator does not move.
- Please read the checklist below to ensure you have provided everything we will need.
Note: Wordcraft International Ltd reserves the right to charge for repairing damage caused during transit.
Our shipping addressWordcraft International Limited
8 Heritage Business Centre
Please use the phone number below if required by the shipper.
Returns check list
Please ensure that all documentation accompanying your package states clearly that:
"This product is being returned under warranty or for repair - maximum value for customs purposes 25 (twenty five) pounds sterling."
Please include the following with your package.
- Your Simulator or Gun Assembly.
- Your return address (it must be a physical address - not a PO box number).
- Your email address.
- Contact telephone number for the shipping company to contact you on return.
- A note describing the fault in as much detail as you can.
- Copies of any emails you have exchanged with us about the return.
Note: Wordcraft International Ltd. recommends UPS for shipping.